Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP Project Managment Tools

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
paulrdeyo86
531 Views, 5 Replies

MEP Project Managment Tools

Has anyone managed to locate a decent tutorial/how-to on using Project Browser and Navigator to manage projects? I have read some good stuff about the tools, but I have not seen anything like a walk through on setup and use of the tools. I would like to test the waters to see if it would be of any use to our office. Does anyone know if it integrates at all with Civil3d? We are an Architectural, Site/Civil, and MEP firm and if it has the ability to work between these two programs it could increase our productivity significantly! Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pothied
in reply to: paulrdeyo86

Project Navigator is specific to AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP. it does not work with Civil3D. The Sheet Set Manager may work with Civil3D but I'm not sure about that. It is a scaled down version of Project Navigator but I think that Civil3D has it's own way of dealing with project files so I don't konw if it works with that product.

I will attach a document from a previous Autodesk University about Project Navigator. I don't think that much has changed in the tool since this document was created but even if there were some minor changes, it is a good overview. I hope that it helps.

David Pothier

Message 3 of 6
Keith.Brown
in reply to: pothied

www.cadlearning.com has a nice video set for autocad mep that goes through the project management system.  Also the Mastering AutoCAD MEP books cover the project management system quite well.  And finally Autodesk University used to have some nice classes by Paul Aubin on their site that was still applicable but Autodesk has been systematically removing old classes from previous years from their site.  One reason why it is important to download all material from that site when you see something that you like.

Message 4 of 6
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I forgot to mention that you could probably email paul aubin and ask for the write up from the autodesk university classes from previous years.  His website is www.paulaubin.com

Message 5 of 6
VitalyF
in reply to: paulrdeyo86

Use ACA project as an external link to MEP projects

This trick to insert ACA View

ACAviewAsXrefForMEP1.gif

ACAviewAsXrefForMEP.gif

Message 6 of 6
VitalyF
in reply to: VitalyF

Hi paulrdeyo86,

This trick may apply for Civil3D?

Try and tell us

Regards,

Vitaly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost