Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP 2014 Template, System Definitions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
meinklang
734 Views, 2 Replies

MEP 2014 Template, System Definitions

When I'm using the Aecb Model (US Imperial Ctb) Template, I have zero Duct/Pipe System Definitions under Style Manager. When I use The Aecb Model (Global Ctb) Template it has all the default Definitions w/ key layers and such.

Why is this and how do I get the definitions in us imperial? (With out having to make them.

Thanks-
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
joeycool
in reply to: meinklang

Hi,

I don't know, why there aren't any system definitions but it's easy to add them.

Open both templates, then open the style manager.

Under the pipe or duct section you will find the system definitions.

Now you copy with drag and drop all the needed defintions to the empty template.

Save it and ready.

Joeycool

Message 3 of 3
Pothman
in reply to: meinklang

I don't know why the Global template still has any system definitions in it. I believe that they were meant to be removed from all of the templates. The reasoning is two fold.

1. There are lots of system definitions that we provide and it would be just our best guess as to which ones everyone needs which will most likely be wrong since people work on different types of systems.

2. The definintions changed from 2013 to 2014 so you can choose to use the old ones or the new ones. Mostly the changes were with layer names.

The drawing(s) that you should pull the system defintions from are here:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2014\enu\Styles\Imperial\System Definitions (US Imperial).dwg

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2014\enu\Styles\Imperial\System Definitions 2013 (US Imperial).dwg

You can use the Style Manager to copy from one of these files into the template that you normally use when stating a drawing.

In 2015, you can just hit the search button next to Systems in the property palette and insert a system defintiion on the fly.

Hope that this helps

Dave Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost