Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP 2014. How do you add a pipe fitting or accessory to the tool palette?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gamesmstr
922 Views, 1 Reply

MEP 2014. How do you add a pipe fitting or accessory to the tool palette?

I have made a custom palette that consists of elements of the mechanical piping palette, but revised for fire protection.  I want to be able to add fittings not listed in the stock menu such as encaps and accessories like sprinklers.  Can anyone explain how this is done?  I have tried drag and drop and I must be doing something wrong because it does not work.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
s_ddantone
in reply to: gamesmstr

You cannot drag and drop a tag or a part to a custom tool palette.  What you can do, is drag and drop it to a palette that is not a custom one such as the fitting tab on the tool palette.  Once you have done this, open up the Content Browser which is found on the Content panel under the Insert tab.  After you have the Content Browser opened, locate and open your custom tool palette.  Now, navigate to the location where you were able to drag and drop the fitting or tag, right click and copy.  After you have done this, you can go back to your custom tool palette in the Content Browser, right click and paste.  I always like to hit the refresh button in the Content Browser before I close it.  Your newly added fitting is now in you custom tool palette.  The last thing you have to do is right click on the tool palette and select refresh.   Once the tool palette has finished refreshing, you should see your new tool added.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost