Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP 2014 Demo - two problems I have encountered

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
frasenci
754 Views, 2 Replies

MEP 2014 Demo - two problems I have encountered

Hi everyone.

In trying out MEP 2014 I have encountered 2 problems , that is I have not been able to :

1.- In Content Builder , designing a parametric part wich I hav done so far with successs, I have not been able to apply the Boolean Modifiers ( Substract or Add ) , as an example to build an Steel duct wich is hollow so I can define the gage of the sheet it is made of ( ultimately , in order to calculate its volume-weight afterwards ) .( Want to model as a Boolean Substraction of Two already created concentric cilinders- Path Extrusion ). Boolean operators grayed out and do not work.

2.- I have seen an video in Youtube in wich a certain portion of a drawing , within a proyect, is defined as a view ( command line VIEW command ). The video shows this view appearing in the Project manager Views folder , been able to directly drag and drop it into an newly created Sheet within the project. No processing in the Sheet layout whatsoever.... In my case , the created view seem ok , it even works when selecting it as current , but does not appear in the project manager.

Please , I would be pleased if somone is able to help me with these.

Greetings

Francisco

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: frasenci

1.  You cannot apply an Add or Subtract to a duct or pipe fitting.  To the best of my knowledge it is only for MvParts.

2. To have a view drawing show up inside of the project navigator you be working in a view drawing that is part of the project.  The constructs drag into the view should also be part of the project.  Once you have created the view it should appear in the project navigator under your view drawing immediately.

Message 3 of 3
frasenci
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thank you Keith....

1.- I must accept it allthough in investigating a bit, this is some very old stuff never adressed by Autodesk. Ducts library consist of solid cilindrical tube wich is not true to life. The problem is that non editable AEC_Part_Reference dwg.... Why not ? .... The know-how is there , you can do it in Inventor   ( Variable on the fly length library components ) ... Associated with this, in defining new Structural Members for MEP usin the Profile ,.... guess what , you can not pic an hollow tube either...( The difference of two circles profiles  .....)

2.- Perfect , i reviewed the video with your answer in mind and , yes, Mr Ayala creates a new View Drawing for doing it . Thank you. Workflow is Ok.

Greetings

Francisco

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost