Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP 2010 Pipe Fitting Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jbluemke
791 Views, 4 Replies

MEP 2010 Pipe Fitting Issue

I'm having a big problem and I'm wondering if anyone else has an issue with this, and maybe even a solution. In MEP 2009 the pipe connectors with placed at the edge of the fittings, so we custom made actual size Charlotte Pipe fitting since Autodesks fittings are not to true size. Now, In MEP 2010, the pipe connectors are on the inside of the fitting, where the bottom of the hub would be. MEP 2010 also changed the pipe connector locations on my custom fittings. With this change in connector locations, you can't connect fittings hub to hub, or place a street fitting to another fitting. This is VERY frustrating. We use our drawings to produce pre-fabrication drawings, so exact fittings and pipe cut lengths are extremely important. Anyone else having this problem? I've tried everythig I can think of and have not found a solution. HELP!!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dacamp
in reply to: jbluemke

You can use the Content Builder and change the engagement length (CEL1, CEL2, etc.) for a fitting, e.g., a value of zero will put the connector at the end of the hub. I like the connector at the bottom of the hub, because that's the way pipe actually sits in a hub. For a street fitting, set CEL1 to zero and change the socket outside diameter, D1, to the pipe diameter rather than hub, to make a true street connection that fits inside a hub.
Message 3 of 5
gregg.stanley

AutoCAD MEP 2010 uses the CEL value to determine if the connection is male or female (CEL = 0.0001 or 0 is male CEL = larger than 0.0001 is defined as female). Since a hub x hub connection cannot really connect without a small section of pipe, this is no longer allowed. The intention is to represent the real world connections. If you have custom content that you want connected even though the connectors are really female, change the CEL to 0 and run redefinefromcatalog. this should fix the issue. The command updates parameters in the current drawing from the defined parameters in the catalog. Certain parameters like nd, d, etc do not update, but CEL and AOD should.

Gregg Stanley [Autodesk}

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
INTOOCAD

This is obviously an old post, but the only one I can find regarding the same issue I am having. I have created a PVC flush style reducer. Not to insult anyone, but would like to explain what it is in case there is someone that has another solution I could try. 

It is a reducer that will fit into a socket fitting and leave a socket connection for the smaller sized pipe. So a 4"x2" will have a 4" spigot end (plain pipe) that fits into a 4" socket fitting, and will have a 2" socket left for the pipe to continue from.

I have my connection1 set to be the spigot end of my fitting and the CEL1 is set to 0.0" it is listed as a plain end connection under the pipe domain.

Connection 2 is set to the socket end of the fitting and the CEL2 value will vary according to size, it is listed as a glued connection under the pipe domain.

I am trying to get this to be placed in the autorouter function  and have had no luck.

And also tried to get it to place if I change the line size of a run of pipe, but again no luck what so ever....

I have added a screen shot of my setting in the content builder for reference....

Any help/suggestions would be greatly apprecaited!!

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: INTOOCAD

Make sure that you click the options button in the upper right of your picture and set the autoroute flag.  If this is not set, then you cannot use autoroute to place your fitting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost