Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP '12 Project browser - create new with proj#?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
challdjg
621 Views, 4 Replies

MEP '12 Project browser - create new with proj#?

When you "create new project" from the project browser, it prompts for a job number and job name...

When the project is created, a folder is created on our server drive. This folder is named by the *job name* prompt as specified in the "Create new project" window. I want to find a way for this new folder to be named by the *job number* prompt.

Any assistance would be greatly appreicated!!

Chevy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dirtcat
in reply to: challdjg

When I need to rename a project I right click on the project name and open up the project properties and edit it in the properties dialog box. But this isn't what you're lookin for is it? You're looking to switch the properties of the two?

Check out the attachment to see if this sends you in the right direction.

Just tryin to help...

Tonya

Message 3 of 5
challdjg
in reply to: dirtcat

I appreciate the input, but you are correct, I'm wanting to switch the properties...

Just a little bit of background info:

All of our project folders are renamed according to the project number on our server. CAD seems to be having a difficult time processing all of that and it takes forever to load a project from the browser. I believe this is a result of the repathing necessary when we go in and manually change the name of the project folder after project creation.

I find it very hard to believe that there ISN'T any way to switch these attributes...

Message 4 of 5
dirtcat

Kinda thought so, but I don't have a clue as to how to do computer programming, let alone write a lisp so someone else is gonna have to take a stab at this.

Tonya

Message 5 of 5
MarySeufert

This is one of my wishes... They should have a check box next to each line that signifies which input becomes the *.apj and folder name. Some companies use Names some use a Number system as their folder structure protocol. It is annoying that I have to remember and remind everyone else to put the project number in the name line, and put the name in the description field.

Just my 2 cents worth ~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost