Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Tool Palettes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brannonbass
1148 Views, 2 Replies

Importing Tool Palettes

I have tried to import my old tool to MEP 2010. These are ones I used in MEP 2008. They are saved on my computer, which was copied from a server. I go to Content Browser, and upload the ATC file. This works perfectly. I then use the idrop tool and drop them into the workspace. This also works. Then, I select the palette and I can see the tools. However, when I click on a tool, this message appears:

A Style of Definition Could Not Be Located For This Tool. Please check the tool settings for the following possible causes:
-Location drawing is not available
-Style or Definition does not exist in current drawing

How do I fix this?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
matthsd
in reply to: brannonbass

Just today I started receiving the same messages on my computer.  I was trying to change an object in the Tool Pallet and AutoCAD crashed.  After that I started to get that message. 

Did you find a way to fix it?

Message 3 of 3
INTOOCAD
in reply to: matthsd

Check the properties of the tool. More than likely it is pointing to a location that it can not find the drawing that contains that info. May be a template file. I have seen ours say the same only to find out when publishes to thecatalog, it was pointing to a directory on my machine that did not exist. Another option is to go to style manager and bring those styles thru rhat way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost