Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Part Catalog

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2553 Views, 4 Replies

Import Part Catalog

I had added a few parts to the MvPart catalog on my AutoCAD MEP 2010.  I have now changed my computer and I am working with AutoCAD MEP 2012.  How can I import my old created parts to the new MEP 2012 catalog?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure if it's the best way, but this works for me.

Just copy the parts from hidden directory/folder, something like "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2010\enu\MEPContent\USI\MvParts\..." to the equivalent new directories in 2012.

Then, get back into MEP 2012 and regenerate the catalog(s) with command AecbCatalogRegen or a fascimile thereof.

The parts are ready to use in 2012.  No MEP restart is necessary.

Message 3 of 5
Keith.Brown

Autocad MEP has a catalog editor accessable by  launchcatalogeditor command.  Here you can copy parts between catalogs, create new catalogs and even create new sizes of existing parts.

If I were you, I would create a new catalog and move your parts into the new catalog.  This will make it easier when upgrading to a new version of MEP.  You will only have to add the new catalog to the new version of autocad MEP instead of copying over all your parts everytime.  Additionally I would save the catalog in a folder structure not defined by a release of autodesk.  You do not want your catalogs to dissapear if you happen to delete or uninstall a version of the program.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

i just downloaded my copy of 2015 MEP but it doesn't have the parts catalog.

where do i get a copy. Autodesk support seems to be impossible to get in touch with.

can anyone help??

Message 5 of 5
Keith.Brown

The catalogs are installed with AutoCAD MEP.  If you downloaded it from Autodesks website then they are there.  Are you by chance starting AutoCAD MEP in AutoCAD mode?  the catalogs will not show up if you did.

The physical locations of the catalogs once they are installed should be in this location.  C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2015\enu\MEPContent

If you do not have that folder installed on your machine then AutoCAD MEP did not install correctly and you will need to reinstall it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost