Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make text size larger in Formula Property Editor?

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
mdhutchinson
1114 Views, 17 Replies

How to make text size larger in Formula Property Editor?

Where can I go to make the Formula Property editor text larger?

see attached image

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
pothied
in reply to: mdhutchinson

The size of the text is controlled by the Windows setting for text size. You can't make it larger or smaller without changing how all Windows text looks.

If you want to change this, right click on your desktop, select "Screen Resolution" and then "Make rext and other items larger or smaller" and pick Medium or Larger and then log off the computer and back on. All text will then be larger.

David Pothier

Message 3 of 18
Keith.Brown
in reply to: pothied

@pothied wrote:

The size of the text is controlled by the Windows setting for text size. You can't make it larger or smaller without changing how all Windows text looks.

If you want to change this, right click on your desktop, select "Screen Resolution" and then "Make rext and other items larger or smaller" and pick Medium or Larger and then log off the computer and back on. All text will then be larger.

OR.....

While in the formula editor you can hit the control key and while selected zoom your mouse wheel forward/backward.

This is just a temporary solution and the text size will reset itself the next time you enter the formula editor but i find that it is quick and easy to do this as i already had one hand on the keyboard and one on the mouse upon entering the editor.

Message 4 of 18
mdhutchinson
in reply to: Keith.Brown

the control key option is just the ticket.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 18
VitalyF

Use a text editor such as Notepad + +

With the option - "Language - VB" and syntax highlighting

FormulaSample.GIF

Message 6 of 18
mdhutchinson
in reply to: VitalyF

whoa... !!!   8-)

can you actually run VBScript code in here?

Message 7 of 18
VitalyF

No, create text with syntax highlighting only
Formula window for debugging

Message 8 of 18
mdhutchinson

Thanks... I need to look into this as soon as possible.

Have you done much VBScript for property set formulas?

Message 9 of 18
VitalyF

I think that a lot of

In MEP my letter E  🙂

Message 10 of 18
mdhutchinson

I copied your code...

could you shed a little more light?

Message 11 of 18
VitalyF

Well, after you insert the text in the formula window,

you must replace the variables in square brackets on the property definitions

FormulaWindow.gif

Message 12 of 18
Keith.Brown

This is just my opinion so don't take it as fact and if things are working for you then stick with it but I think code that iterates through the entire drawing database doesnt belong in a property set that is designed to be attached to a single object or a style of an object.  Your using vba to iterate through the entire database and grab certain types of objects and total them up.  Why not just insert this into a vba module and attach it to a command?  By placing it in a property set and attaching to an object, every object that has this property set attached to it will have to run the code that is inside the formula.  This could have an impact on drawing performance especially large drawings with hundreds of objects.  Anytime an object is modified that contains this code then the code will have to update itself.  This will take time.  It might or might not be noticable I cannot say for sure.  And again if it is working for you then I wouldnt change it.  I just think that it would more prudent to place this code in either a vba module or a .net module and attach it to a command.

Just my 2 cents.

Message 13 of 18
VitalyF
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Hi Keith Brown,

1) These and many other formulas tested in practice for larger projects
For example, in electrical projects for building 10 Th Floor, 300-400 devices per floor and 10-15 km wire, trays and conduits, more than 500-1000 sheets.
It is close to the practical limit of MEP

2) I agree with you that it is better VBA, but not for all, including Autodesk.

Users do not have enough standard features, my opinion. I'm already tired of writing Wishlist

I am a designer and not a programmer...

Regards,

Vitaly

Message 14 of 18
mdhutchinson

VitalyF

What AutoCAD MEP version are you running?

I have AutoCAD MEP 2014.... there is no Quantity control in Formula Property Definition interface. i wonder if this has to be added when you take your property set to a schedule?

???

Message 15 of 18
mdhutchinson

ooh... what AutoCAD MEP version are you running?

I have AutoCAD MEP 2014.... there is no Quantity control in Formula Property Definition interface. i wonder if this has to be added when you take your property set to a schedule?

???

Message 16 of 18
VitalyF

Hi

I use AME2014 ENU version.

Formula is inserted into the Schedule Table

See sample

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-MEP/Extending-Neighboring-Conduit-in-Custom-Schedules/td-p/470...

Vitaly

Message 17 of 18
mdhutchinson

I wonder if you might take a look at this?  I've been reseaching this for sometime... it can be done with VBA.

I downloaded VBA for my MEP 2014 to see if I could get it done with VBA then reproduce in VBScript and PropertyData.

I think I get close several times... but then when I access objects connected, the VBScript seems to fall apart...

It makes sense that it would work...

there must be something I am missing.

See attached image and drawing file.

Message 18 of 18
Keith.Brown

Perhaps this post will help.

Extending-Neighboring-Conduit-in-Custom-Schedules

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost