Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hex Lighting ID Tag

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kenaslan
290 Views, 5 Replies

Hex Lighting ID Tag

Is there a way of changing the lighting ID Tag to be inside a hexagon? That is industry standard. Not a capitol letter by its self.

Thanks
Ken
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: kenaslan

It isn't "industry standard" in our area.

FWIW, you ought to be able to edit the tag to display as you want, but I
don't have time to run that down for you.

--
R. Robert Bell

wrote in message news:5474362@discussion.autodesk.com...
Is there a way of changing the lighting ID Tag to be inside a hexagon? That
is industry standard. Not a capitol letter by its self.

Thanks
Ken
Message 3 of 6
tobysmith

Ken -

Please look at the ones in Content Browser in the Documentation Catalogs (Electrical > Electrical Tags > Hexagon Tags). You can add it to your Tool Palette to use instead of the default one.

Thanks,

Toby Smith, PE LEED AP
MEP Content Specifier / Product Designer
Message 4 of 6
kenaslan

Thank you but I have tried using the "Lighting Device-Hexagon" the one with L on top and 1 on bottom. I cannot get it to insert the Light ID. Nor can get the 1 to go away. All I want is a letter inside of a hexagon. I am entering the ID in the ID space in Design Data .Design tab, Advanced,Design Data, ID. I must be doing something wrong. I have only been using ABS now for a couple of months as our company is thinking of going down that road. It mostly is a time saver, however Autodesk has not made this program intuitive.

Thanks
Ken
ABS test dummy 🙂
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I believe the one you are looking for is "Device Keynote -
Hexagon"...the 1 in L1 can be turned off inside the property set, so you
are left with the letter only.
The ID is still there, but our schedules do not default to it. Instead,
the tag lettering is called the "Mark" which we are now using
consistently between disciplines and their tags.
If you prefer the ID, it is easily tweaked in the equipment schedules.
Hope this helps.
Joshua Benoist, PE (Autodesk)

kenaslan wrote:
> Thank you but I have tried using the "Lighting Device-Hexagon" the one with L on top and 1 on bottom. I cannot get it to insert the Light ID. Nor can get the 1 to go away. All I want is a letter inside of a hexagon. I am entering the ID in the ID space in Design Data .Design tab, Advanced,Design Data, ID. I must be doing something wrong. I have only been using ABS now for a couple of months as our company is thinking of going down that road. It mostly is a time saver, however Autodesk has not made this program intuitive.
>
> Thanks
> Ken
> ABS test dummy 🙂
>
Message 6 of 6
kenaslan

I still cannot get it to work.

As far as ABS goes there is almost no documents to use this program. There are no books not even from autodesk. I am about to recommend to my company to scrap purchasing another 20 seats. What good is a product that is so user unfriendly as to take more time to set up than is worth. Why cant I right click on a tag and easily configure it. Instead I have to dig down dozens of commands.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost