AutoCAD MEP General

Message 1 of 2 (226 Views)

Gridlines printing incorrectly from PDFs

226 Views, 1 Replies
05-11-2013 09:39 AM

Hello,

I am working on a project in which the drawing prints perfectly fine from within CAD and produces PDFs which electronically look perfectly fine. The problem is that when I print from the PDF file then all of a sudden the bubbles of the gridlines become solid dark circles and I have no idea why. Last week when we printed this project the PDFs had no problem. When we got the updated backgrounds now this issue arose which would seem to suggest a corrupted architectural file. However, when I go back and try to create the PDFs from the last week's drawings, now all of a suddent they aren't working either. And to top it all off, I tried printing PDFs from a different project and it works completely fine!!!

It seems like our system just hates this project? Honestly I am completely dumbfounded as to what is going on. Anyone have any ideas?

Active Contributor
Message 2 of 2 (208 Views)

Re: Gridlines printing incorrectly from PDFs

05-15-2013 03:46 AM in reply to: pmpe-Arash

the problem is from whoever printed the drawing to PDF.  If certain blocks are set to high graphics instead of monochrome when the drawing is plotted, the item comes in solid.  Whoever is printing the drawing would need to click on the object then edit the troublesome block and change the it in the properties manager to monochrome instead of high graphics before plotting.  I don't know why it does that but it fixed the problem for me.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community