Trying to install MEP 2012 on a computer. The install refuses to create the Global, Imperial, and Metric profiles. It doesn't even seem to create the MEP.CUIX file. Something is failing somewhere but I'm not seeing any obvious error messages. the install works fine on other computers.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have a couple of questions and then some suggestions on this issue:
1. What operating system are you using?
2. Please send the following files from the TEMP directory, accessed by typing '%TEMP%' in the START > RUN:
MEP 2012 Global (en-us).log
MEP 2012 Global.log
MEP 2012 Setup.log
These logs will help better understand what could be causing the behavior.
Generally, to repair this kind of issue on Windows 7, the following workflow will be helpful:
1. Disable the UAC prior to the install. This can be done by opening the Control Panel > System and Security > Action Center > Change User Account Control settings and turning it to the lowest level.
2. Fully enable the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off and make sure that all three boxes for .NET 3.5 SP1 are checked.
3. Reboot the system.
4. Add the following policy for Windows Installer to the registry:
The Installer key does not exist by default on Windows 7 but is safe to add.
There is additional information about this Windows Installer policy at:
Microsoft recommends that the policy be set back to "0" upon completion of the install maintenance.
4. From the Control Panel > Programs and Features, select AutoCAD MEP 2012 and launch the maintenance dialog. When the first dialog appears, select the Repair/Reinstall option. The select Reinstall in the second dialog.
I hadn't seen you'd replied. We're running Windows 7.
Tried the above. The UAC was already turned off.
Looking through the Cp_install.log, I see this error:
Element 'Product' is not valid for content model: '((Properties,Directories),Users)'
=> Get: CP_SELECTED: cp_ABS_Global_Metric;cp_ABS_US_Imperial;cp_ABS_US_
!=> Failed to load C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\appIndex.xml
> ERROR on line 235, node Product
Looking at Line 235 of appIndex.xml looks like this
Thank you for the update. Generally, if the cp_Install.log file shows an error in the appIndex.xml file, this indicates that the appIndex.xml file is corrupt in some way. The fastest manner of resolving this is to do a clean uninstall of all products from the system, including the appIndex.xml file as well as all the files and folders listed in this Technical Solution:
Then reinstall fresh. Are you installing the 64-bit or 32-bit version?
Please let me know if this helps. Thank you.
That solved the problem though it took quite a while to uninstall all the autocad programs on that machine then clean up any remaining files.
XML is nice when it works but it sure does seem to get corrupted easily from what we've experienced.
Thanks for the help.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register