Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen items on xrefs are affecting current visible layers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
EricLouria
352 Views, 1 Reply

Frozen items on xrefs are affecting current visible layers

I have an existing conditions drawing that I have demoed some items. These items have been moved to the demo system so the hatching shows up on the ductwork. All is good. I now have xrefed this drawing into my new work drawing and frozen all demo layers so only the existing items still show. I have drawn all my new duct work and all appears great. We now take this file and xref it into a model space of a plot drawing. While I was viewing this plot drawing I noticed that some frozen layers were affecting the visibility of the layers that were still showing. To be more percise, when a new duct crosses under a frozen duct that is at a higher elevation the new duct shows as hidden linetype. The standard answer I get is to detach the xref and it will show correctly. The problem with that is all the existing items that need to still show also go away. Any ideas? 

In the attachment you will see three views of the same area.  1. Demo plan 2. New plan 3. Plot drawing of new plan with frozen layers above new affecting visibility.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bpark212
in reply to: EricLouria

Once you've frozen the layers you don't want from the x-ref, re-load the x-ref. It should clean up any hidden lines generated previously.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost