Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fittings Suddenly Lose MEP Connections

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
griffico
762 Views, 3 Replies

Fittings Suddenly Lose MEP Connections

First time poster... I've tried searching for this particular topic previously, but I've yet to find a satisfactory answer.

Since I started using MEP versions of AutoCAD a couple years ago, it seems that every drawing I work on eventually has something funny happen with the MEP connections.  It doesn't sem to matter if it's piping, ductwork or plumbing schematics, eventually I seem to come across a "breaking point" at which the program decides to sever huge chunks of connections in the drawing.  I now have a large underground plumbing drawing in which every single fitting suddenly became disconnected without any apparent reason.  Like I said, I've run into this with piping and ductwork before too, but I'm getting really fed up with it now.  Is there any way to fix this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Scott_Murphy
in reply to: griffico

It appears that your fittings are at a different elevation than your piping.  I was able to move the fittings and reconnect, and everything seems fine. 

Message 3 of 4
griffico

Hmm.. spot-checked the drawing again and that's not what I found (everything I checked was at 2").  Is it possible that something specific to my machine might be causing this?  I just had a similar thing happen on yet another drawing.  Everything was going fine and then suddenly *poof!*  everything stopped connecting correctly on some lines.

Message 4 of 4
rikkicarey

I've had this issue randomly with plumbing pipes. 

I actually came to the forum today about a possibly related issue.... I'll post that on a new thread.

Just wanted to comment here so I see any replies. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost