Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR: unhandled access violation reading 0x0051 exception at ebf9ac70h

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gaylorcad01
2213 Views, 5 Replies

FATAL ERROR: unhandled access violation reading 0x0051 exception at ebf9ac70h

When using the electrical part of MEP 2011, I normally get FATAL ERROR: unhandled access violation reading 0x0051 exception at ebf9ac70h when zooming in and out. It normally doesnt happen until my file size gets bigger. I had the same error in MEP 2010

I'm using HP z400 workstations. 2.66 quad core 14G rams. ATI firepro v4800 1G  graphics.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

it is a common error it can happen with many things not just with electrical part while zooming in or outing. There is an update for mep 2011. Have you installed it ?. It may work if you havent installed.

Message 3 of 6

The only update i have is update 1. I went on autodesks website and downloaded the lateset graphics driver aswell.

thanks!

Message 4 of 6
cwmccall
in reply to: gaylorcad01

Yes.  I have had the same FE and the file size was relatively small - 7MB or so.  And it's one of those errors that totally blasts you out of the program.  Nothing nice about it at all.  Changing WHIPTHREAD to 3 fixed it for me.  

Quadcore Xeon 2.67

HP-Z400

12GB Ram

Invidia Quadro FX 3800

~Chuck

) It's just as easy to do it right as it is to do it wrong (
Message 5 of 6
gaylorcad01
in reply to: cwmccall

What was your  WHIPTHREAD before. I have changed mine. I want to say it goes up to 15 but I'm not 100% sure. I'll have to check and see what mine is set as.

thanks!

Message 6 of 6
cwmccall
in reply to: gaylorcad01

Not sure about 15, but from Autocad's help:

No multithreaded processing; restricts regeneration and redraw processing to a single processor. This setting restores the behavior of AutoCAD 2000 and previous releases.

Regeneration multithreaded processing only; regeneration processing is distributed across two processors on a multiprocessor machine.

Redraw multithreaded processing only; redraw processing is distributed across two processors on a multiprocessor machine.

Regeneration and redraw multithreaded processing; regeneration and redraw processing is distributed across two processors on a multiprocessor machine.

~Chuck

) It's just as easy to do it right as it is to do it wrong (

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost