Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to install AutoCAD MEP 2009 Update 3

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
886 Views, 2 Replies

Error while trying to install AutoCAD MEP 2009 Update 3

I have a user trying to install the AutoCAD MEP 2009 Update 3 package. He's downloaded it twice now, but when he goes to install it, he first gets an error message titled "AutoCAD MEP 2009" and stating "Error 1327. Invalid Drive: U:\", followed by an error titled "Installation Error" and stating "A problem prevented the Service Pack from being installed. Contact your system administrator. Error Code: 1603".

The second error I think is the installer just failing out because of the first error. I kicked around with Google for a bit to try and figure out what issue it was having with his U: drive (U:\ is a mapped home drive for our employees). I've disconnected the U:\, I've used shares to point U:\ to his dvd drive with the disc for AutoCAD MEP2009 in it. I've copied those files down to the C:\temp folder and pointed it there, nothing seems to work it just keeps coming back with the same error.

We got him a Vista x64 machine with 8GB of memory so he'd have more resources for working with AutoCAD. As far as I know this is the first issue he's run into with it.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sjpagano
in reply to: Anonymous

I also got the error:

"A problem prevented the Service Pack from being installed. Contact your system administrator. Error Code: 1635".

XP 32bit machine, SP2 is installed already. Edited by: sjpagano on Jun 17, 2009 9:05 AM
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

First thing I would try for the 1327 error is the
following document.

Error 1327 invalid drive

For the 1635 error, first make sure you are an
administrator on the local machine. Try downloading the update again to see if
you got a bad copy, them maybe try doing a reinstall of AutoCAD MEP 2009 then
installing the Update 3.

Thanks,

Danny

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost