Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Schematic Symbol to Device

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
424 Views, 3 Replies

Electrical Schematic Symbol to Device

Does anyone knows how to convert the Elec. Schematic style based symbol to Electrical Device Eg. iam having a schematic symbol in my drgs. and i would like to assign load and circuit if it is a schematic symbol this does not permit me to assign, so i would like to change that Schematic symbol to an Electrical Device,

Thanking you in advance

Binu KEO
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Binu
there is no option to assign load on Schematic Symbols in ABS.
How ever if you want to convert them to Devices, you can do that

ABS Schematic symbols are again blocks , and u can insert the block reference of the symbol and convert it to a Device.

In ABS 2007 , you can batch Convert the blocks to Devices

Thanks

Vijay Kumar Raina
Omnix International , Dubai
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Dear Vijay, Thanks a lots
Here's the procedure what we do:
1- Go to FORMAT - Style Manager - Electrical Objects - Device Styles and click New Style
2- On the General tab add the name you would like to call the device
3- On the Design Rules tab pick the type of device, add a layer key and set how you would like the wire to cleanup.
4- On the views tab Add a view called Plan, Pick your schematic view block on the view block pull down, select plan in the display representation, choose top and bottom on the view directions and click Use Annotation Scaling under scale.
6- If created a 3D block create a second view called Model, Pick your 3D block, select model in the display representation, choose everything but top and bottom, and don't check the Use Annotation Scale.
7- On the Connectors tab, click add a connector and fill in the information for the connector.
8- Finally, we can add a classification if we like and change the way the object is displayed.

Hope this is the method of doing the new device and changing the schematic symbol to device style ? is int it ?
we may have better solutions in 2007.1 ?
Best regards...

Binu KEO
Kuwait
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Binu
You are right
this is a procedure to create Devices from Bloacks
But i think u were looking to creat devices from Schematic Symbols

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost