Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EastCoast CAD

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
alexxn
1867 Views, 6 Replies

EastCoast CAD

Our company is looking to invest into some 3rd party piping software for spool sheets, mainly for pipe prefab.Someone who has worked with East Coast CAD or knows anything about them if you could provide me any information on the program. It would be helpful if someone can give me any advices or reviews on the software. 
Thank you!

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: alexxn

This link shows an over view of the piping module.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8mowUAwLVQ

Message 3 of 7
bimmagic
in reply to: alexxn

Alexxn,

BIM is the Now!

Good afternoon, I would like to answer some questions for you. If you get with Randy Swaim at East Coast he can assist you into getting this software implemented at your facility. EC is very good at helping Mechanical Contractors achieve their long term goals. You get lots of power out of the box and if needed to customize the software to your needs you'll have to get in touch with their technical support department. They listen too. If it can't do something now, they will get the feature into a future release.

Their database is very powerful and has customizable part filters, so you don't overload the software.

They provide weekly user training sessions, have pre-recorded training videos and assist with setup via the internet at your facility.

Remember, training, filters, true parts and verification will take you very far.

I am certain any customizations we had them assist us with they most certainly will have implemented in future releases.

Randy's number is 1-720-641-6584 he'll customize ot your needs.

Thanks,

Darrell Wright

Navisworks Manager/BIM/IT

Cobb Mechanical Contractors

darrell@cobbmechanical.com

www.cobbmechanical.com

Message 4 of 7
adaverso
in reply to: bimmagic

A little off topic but I am looking at using a pipe stress analysis software (probably Caesar II) that is compatible with AutoCAD MEP and Eastcoast fab software. Is eastcoast something that is compatible?
Message 5 of 7
alexxn
in reply to: adaverso

Not so sure, you may want to contact Intergraph and ask them if Eastcoast CAD is compatible with Ceaser II or if you have to use CADWorx or any other supported software. 

Message 6 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: adaverso

EastCoast software is just a plugin for AutoCAD MEP.  The pipe and pipe fittings are 100 percent AutoCAD MEP objects.  They just supply manufacturer specific content as well as spool and fabrication drawing automation.

That being said, AutoCAD MEP does not export to Caesar II.  It could be done however with some custom programming.  Caesar II has an import function that accepts a neutral file which is basically a text file that describes the relationship of piping objects and structural members to each other.  A plugin can be written for AutoCAD MEP that exports to this file format.

Message 7 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: Keith.Brown

CAESAR II, like pretty much every other stress software out there, accepts PCF as an input format.  If you can run isometrics then you can send to a stress analysis program.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost