Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplex receptacles in the tools palette

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
nshepar2
8604 Views, 8 Replies

Duplex receptacles in the tools palette

Hello all,

I am teaching myself AutoCAD MEP and I downloaded the 2013 student version.  I found the electrical palette but I cannot for the life of me find the symbol for a duplex receptacle.  In the palette is the symbol for a twin unswitched socket.  But I want the duplex receptacle, a circle with two parallel lines, and I can't find it. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Neil

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Keith.Brown
in reply to: nshepar2

I am using 2014 but electrical items should be in the same place.  I found mine on the Power-Lighting tab of the tool palette in the electrical workspace.

Duplex.jpg

And if that is somehow missing then you can pull the Style from the recepticle style drawings shown below.

Duplex Style.jpg

Message 3 of 9
nshepar2
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9

Iam using autocad mep 2015 and when using power lighting devices palettei cannot find receptacles  tab where I can invoke Duples or another content, plz help

Message 5 of 9

Did you find out where the duplex receptacle is located on AutoCad MEP?

Message 6 of 9
epageJ8M2K

Thank you for your reply.  Can you give more intermediate steps to the solution above?  Receptacles is not showing up in the tool palette, however I do have the *.dwg that you pointed to.  I tried opening that file to add manually to the palette, and even though a "Ctrl-A"  selected some 18 objects, nothing is visible in the file.

Message 7 of 9
bscottCXUUK

Hello I am having a very similar issue but unable to rectify it just yet. I am using a student version of MEP 2019 and I dont see any receptacles on the tool pallets. I have everything  else lights, switches but no receptacles. Where would I pull the style drawings from

Message 8 of 9

I loaded 2024 electrical and seem stuck on finding every day building symbols. 

It is easier to create a block and copy it than search AutoCAD.

Message 9 of 9
pendean
in reply to: JohnSchwartz3755

@JohnSchwartz3755 wrote:

I loaded 2024 electrical and seem stuck on finding every day building symbols. ...

This forum is for the AutoCADMEP variant, which is quite different from AutoCADELECTRICAL's tools, features and abilities. Perhaps you are using the incorrect software?

AutoCADMEP is aimed at what I would simply call 'inside building electrical design";

ELECTRICAL is more focused on infrastructure projects, aka outside the building and up to the building.

Are you by chance using the correct software? BTW, if you id not know, all of us that subscribe to AutoCAD 2024 can use those two variants (and more) for free.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost