Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Size Calculator and template issues

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
capstonemechanical
1003 Views, 4 Replies

Duct Size Calculator and template issues

I am new to MEP and had been following some tutorials on drawing mechanical systems and started in single line then tried to use the duct size calculator and the results were ridiculously incorrect. After some troubleshooting I determined that there is something about our custom template that causes the calculator to fail. For comparison I drew a basic system with single line then copied it to the basic autocad template and the calculator worked fine. Any idea what should be fixed in the template?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Did you start with an AutoCAD MEP Template or a regular AutoCAD Template?

Message 3 of 5

I was not the one who created the template, but it is most likely not an MEP template. Is there any modification I can do to the current template or am I going to have to create a new one?

Message 4 of 5

I did not find anything wrong with the template that I could see.  That doesnt mean that there isnt anything wrong with out however.  I do not use the automatic sizing tools that often as i would rather size the duct myself when i need to do that.  Most of the time i get the sizes already determined from the engineer.  I use the software as a fabrication tool not a design tool.

That being said you can spend an unknown amount of time trying to figure out what is wrong with the template, or you can spend a known amount of time creating a new one.  The template you posted had almost next to nothing in it in regards to MEP items so creating a new one would be quick and simple.  Just make sure that you start with an AutoCAD MEP template and not an AutoCAD template.

HTH

Message 5 of 5

I have been looking at your template and I can't find the issue. Is it possible that this template was originally a metric template? I agree with Keith that you should rebuild your template if you don't want to use the out of the box MEP template.

David Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost