Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double line pipe not showing up

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
7943 Views, 10 Replies

Double line pipe not showing up

To the professionals 🙂

I have two v-ports set up in model space. Using MEP 2009 drawing pipe in mep design tab. My 6" pipe is showing only in a single line in plan view. It does however show correctly in my 3D view port.

How can I have my pipe displaying correctly in my plan view model space. Please help me. I can't figure this out. All day long 😞
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
gregg.stanley
in reply to: Anonymous

check your display configurations per view. in plan view and model the pipe by size (single / Double) is honored based on the system definition. to change the single line / double line size range go to style manager > Piping objects> System definitions > select the system(s) and on the single line graphics tab, there are the 2 size ranges for displaying single line piping. You probably are using Basic 2 line in the model view. Only Plan view does Hidden lines, so you want to shut off 2 line or change the size ranges on each system if you want to see 6" as 2 line in plan view.

Gregg Stanley

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Gregg - thanks that was very helpful.

Is there any way to show hidden lines for 2-Line piping? For whatever reason the screening and hidden line of piping at lower elevations only works sometimes.

Is there a way to regenerate the creation of hidden lines?
Message 4 of 11
gregg.stanley

Type Objrelupdate at the command line and either select the objects you want to fix or ENTER for all objects. This command clears out the stored graphics and regenerates them. The command is referenced as Regen Model on the View Tab > Appearance Panel on the right side middle button drop list.

HTH
Gregg

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

At the bottom of the screen you can change the "Display Configuration" to "Mep Basic 2-Line", this will show all your piping instantly in 2-line mode, you can convert back when ever you need by swithching back to "MEP Design". Hope this helps 🙂

Message 6 of 11
rafilathif
in reply to: gregg.stanley

I'm Tired to Change Please see the Image 

Thanks156.png

Message 7 of 11
rafilathif
in reply to: rafilathif

The Single line showing only the Plan View but Other views are ok 

157.png

Message 8 of 11
Keith.Brown

Are you using an AutoCAD MEP template or a regular AutoCAD Template?  I ask because the only styles that you show in your stylemanager are Standard and the display representation shown in the last picture is also Standard.  Additionally the behavior you describe is exactly the behavior that would happen if you were using an AutoCAD template and not an AutoCAD MEP template.  The AutoCAD MEP template has styles and display representations setup in it that will show everything correctly.

Message 9 of 11
rafilathif
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thanks Keith.Brown 

I'm a New user for Autocad MEP also your website is very helpfull for my autocad MEP basic Study. Keep update alwas i'm Following You

What i Show the Image Before That was made in Autocad 2014. when i heard about the Autocad MEP Software I'm Trying to Use my All Autocad Drawings are in Autocad MEP is there anything to Cahange the settings to use the Autocad to Autocad MEP or Do ineed to convert the templates to AUtocad mep Please Give me the Best Replay 

Message 10 of 11
Keith.Brown

You will get the best results with the least amount of labor if you convert your AutoCAD Templates over to MEP Templates.  The easiest way to do this is to open up the MEP template of your choice and your AutoCAD template in the same session of AutoCAD.  Then start the style manager and expand the MEP template in the treeview.  Right click the name of your MEP Template and choose copy.  Then select the AutoCAD template and right click on the name of the drawing and choose paste.  This will copy all of the MEP styles from the MEP template into your AutoCAD Template.  If you already have styles in your AutoCAD Template make sure to choose Overwrite when it asks you to.

Next you need to close out of the style manager and start the Display Manager by typing DISPLAYMANAGER at the command line.  Repeat the same steps you did above for the Style Manager in the Display Manager dialog to copy the display settings from the MEP Template to the AutoCAD Template.

When complete you will have effectively moved your AutoCAD MEP Template settings into your AutoCAD Template.

Some observations.

1.  Make a copy of your AutoCAD Template before copying things over.  That way you can keep your AutoCAD Template and MEP Template seperate.

2.  AutoCAD MEP Templates are usually located in your C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 20XX\enu\Template directory.

3.  Download a pdf version of the MEP User Guide from the internet and read it.  When i first started I read sections of the User Guide every week for over a year until I understood just about everything about MEP.  Here is a link to the 2012 version which should be good enough.  2012 User Guide

4.  Make sure that you make use of the help file that comes with MEP.  Almost everything that you need to know is in there.

Hope this helps and Good Luck.

Message 11 of 11
rafilathif
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Awesome I got an answer for my Question Thanks Keith.Brown your instruction is very Helpful Thanks alot 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost