Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know why this is happening?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Serenity777
800 Views, 7 Replies

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Pipes and pipe fittings are showing up as solid hatch in my mep 2line and without dashes in mep design...I even used an out of the box template and they still seem to be doing it....Anyone know of a fix?

I attached some pics and circled problem areas...also in my section view the fittings are showing with a hatch when they are not supposed to....I am still learning to understand the display properties....which I think is the problem....

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Serenity777
in reply to: Serenity777

also

Message 3 of 8
Serenity777

and lastly

Message 4 of 8
Keith.Brown

It would be better if you attached the drawing that contains the pipe.  Did you check your System Overrides?  Does it display differently if you change systems?  Seeing as how half the pipe is correct and the other half isnt then it must be an override of sometype and system seems the best bet.

Message 5 of 8
Serenity777

I tried to attach a small file of the problem to my reply but it the internet page keeps going to error...so i am not sure how else to get it to you...i have tried multiple times and files...

Message 6 of 8
Keith.Brown

I just sent you a private message with my email so you can send the file to me.

Message 7 of 8
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I looked at the drawing you sent me and the fully hatched pipe is a result of a system override.  If you open up the style manager and go into pipe system definitions and select the system of one of the pipes with the solid fill.  Then in the right hand panel select the display properties tab and you will notice that the systems have alot of system level display overrides active.  If you select the bolded display representation you can see that the lightbulb column for the Hatch row is turned on.  If you turn it off then the solid fill will go away.  Do this for every display representation that shows a solid fill.  You will need to do this for each system that is displaying incorrectly.

As far as the mvpart goes you will probably need to modify the particular block that is being displayed for the current display representation.  If you select the mvpart and then right click and select edit mvpart style you will be able to see the block that is used for each display representation.  Just open up that block and edit it for the way you want it to look.

Hope this helps you at least a little bit.

Message 8 of 8
Serenity777
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thank you so much!....such an easy fix yet I just couldnt get it....I was looking all over in display properties not the actual system definitions...Makes sense now...So now to change the template so this problem stops.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost