Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display setting problem !!!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1277 Views, 4 Replies

Display setting problem !!!

Hello,

Im currently using AutoCAD MEP 2008 ( i know, im behind..., should change to MEP 2011 in a few weeks). I know that there is a display setting that is not showing my duct correctly under my equipment, but i cant find it. If someone could take a look at my the drawing and could point me out in the right direction that would be awsome.

Eddy.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

I havent looked at your drawings but off the top of my head, i would go into the options editor and go to the mep display control tab.  There you can check/uncheck the display by elevation feature (activates the cut plane for certain MEP objects) or check/uncheck the disable hidden lines for multi-view parts.  These two features should get you headed in the right direction.

As a side note, if you chose not to check Enable display by elevation then the duct under your mvpart will be controlled totally by the duct-hidden display lines in the display manager.  If you choose to use the enable by elevation feature then your duct will display depending on the elevation of the duct vs the cut line.  Make sure you read up on the display by elevation feature in the help file.  There is some good information there that will allow you to display your duct differently at 4 different elevations.

**EDIT**

Ok, i just downloaded your drawing and looked at your settings.  The disable hidden lines for multi-view parts was unchecked as it should be.  So i just ran the OBJRELUPDATE command on your duct and it displayed correctly.  Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thanks for the quick awnser,

Im just wondering what version of AutoCAD MEP are you using?? Because i use the OBJRELUPDATE command on the duct under the equipment and nothing happends. Could this be and AutoCAD MEP 2008 issue?? But i did notice even before i use the command that the duct is trimmed on the edges under the equipment, so it does know its under something but it just dosent want to display it right :(. Anyhow, if your using AutoCAD MEP 2011 and using that command display's it right then time will fix this issue I guess.

Thanks again.

Eddy.

Message 4 of 5
Keith.Brown

I am using mep 2010. 

In the MEP Display Control Tab under options, I have Apply Gap to Outside, Apply Gap to Inside, and Save Hidden Lines in Drawing checked.  Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Well, here at our office we installed a 30-day try out of AutoCAD MEP 2011 (wich we will install in the weeks ahead), and the duct display was showing how it should be, so the problem was really a core problem of AutoCAD MEP 2008. Can't wait to have it all setup here. Well thanks again for the prompt awnsers.

Ciao,

Eddy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost