Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defpoints Layer Color changed ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mdhutchinson
1549 Views, 4 Replies

Defpoints Layer Color changed ?

I wonder why the color of Defpoints Layer changed from white to 140?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
zalant
in reply to: mdhutchinson

• Did this happen only in one particular drawing, or is it happening for all of your drawings?
  • Are you able to change the color back to whatever you want?

I looked through our Development write-ups, but I didn't find any mention of that particular behavior.

Zac Travis
Message 3 of 5
mdhutchinson

The standard out of the box default installation of AutoCAD MEP has defpoints color 140... see all of the installed templates at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2013\enu\Template   

I checked all of the AECB*.dwt files... every one of them have Defpoints layer color set to 140.

Message 4 of 5
zalant

After checking with other Development and Support resources, I found that:

For MEP and ACA 2013, we eliminated most built-in layers from the templates.  The paper space viewports used to be on a layer that we decided to eliminate.  We wanted the viewports to stay the same color (140) and be on a non-plottable layer, so Defpoints made the most sense.

Does this cover your original question?

If you want to bring forward the templates from previous versions of MEP or ACA, that can be done, or you can modify the shipping templates from 2013 to suit whatever your needs might be.

Zac Travis
Message 5 of 5
mdhutchinson
in reply to: zalant

Thanks for the explanation...

I fully understand that you can do what you want with templates... 

My practice with a new release is to always create new company templates from out of the box templates. The users were asking why I changed the color of defpoints. I did not change it .. so I investigated.

Side note: I know probably 90% or more users put viewports on defpoints layer. In my oppinion, it is better practice to let AutoCAD use defpoints and refrain from putting any other objects on it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost