Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVD?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
210 Views, 7 Replies

DVD?

I just got my upgrade and was disappointed it didn't come on a DVD as advertised. Any receive ABS2005 on a DVD? Shuffling 4 CD's isn't a big deal, but DVD would have been nice. -- Kent Elrod
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

CD's here too. Shane
Message 3 of 8
mmermel

Gee!!! You must work for one fine company if you have a DVD reader.

I've already warned my boss that our nice new computers will be needing DVD readers (well at least one or two for installations) but I'll deal with the CDs a bit longer. Some of us are just catching up with the hardware requirements.

Mitch Mermel
CADD Manager
Matern Professional Engineering
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I received cd's as well (I don't think much of the cd cases, with having all the cd's stacked on top of one another), and we did go buy a couple of dvd-rw (prior to receiving the software) to do the installs from and as a side bonus to be able to burn dvd's but guess what no dvd's, the boss didn't find it to funny, and neither did I. -- Michael Sonnier "Kent Elrod" wrote in message news:408ec94b$1_2@newsprd01... > I just got my upgrade and was disappointed it didn't come on a DVD as > advertised. Any receive ABS2005 on a DVD? Shuffling 4 CD's isn't a big > deal, but DVD would have been nice. > > -- > Kent Elrod > > >
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

From the comments about DVD readers, a person would think they cost a million bucks!!! If a company can't afford a DVD reader at today's prices, that company must be in big trouble!! I'm not trying to stir things up, but they aren't that costly. The cost of one is probably lost at the coffee machine each day. Cut out a couple of coffee breaks and you'll be able to buy one. Mike "mplemrem" wrote in message news:23835524.1083115626938.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Gee!!! You must work for one fine company if you have a DVD reader. > > I've already warned my boss that our nice new computers will be needing DVD readers (well at least one or two for installations) but I'll deal with the CDs a bit longer. Some of us are just catching up with the hardware requirements. > > Mitch Mermel > CADD Manager > Matern Professional Engineering
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Yeah, I made sure that I had a DVD reader which caused a little wake of concern it the IT group, but they installed one and now I hope they don't notice it wasn't needed. Autodesk, can we request a DVD even though we received the CD's??? Kent Elrod "Michael Sonnier" wrote in message news:408fb29a_2@newsprd01... > I received cd's as well (I don't think much of the cd cases, with having all > the cd's stacked on top of one another), and we did go buy a couple of > dvd-rw (prior to receiving the software) to do the installs from and as a > side bonus to be able to burn dvd's but guess what no dvd's, the boss didn't > find it to funny, and neither did I. >
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Same here. We added a DVD-ROM ahead of time just for ABS. Shane
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Folks - ABS is available both via CD and DVD. ABS 2005 subscriptions were fulfilled via CD, in part because of the requests on this newsgroup. All new seats of ABS 2005 will be via DVD unless CDs are specifically requested. Should you desire a DVD or CDs, please contact your reseller - they will be able to get you the desired media. I hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost