AutoCAD MEP General

Valued Mentor
dennis
Message 1 of 2 (340 Views)
Accepted Solution

Convert to Mutiview Part

340 Views, 1 Replies
12-13-2012 10:49 AM

I created a tank using the Convert to MVPart command.  This is the only time I will ever use this tank, so went the short route.  But now I realized I needed to correct a Pipe Connector Diameter.  HOW do I get back into the MVPart now to change the connector diameter?  Modify MVPart wants to take me to the catalog which my tank is NOT in.  MVPart properties show the value but will not let me edit.  ANy help would be appreciated....

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 2 of 2 (333 Views)

Re: Convert to Mutiview Part

12-13-2012 03:02 PM in reply to: dennis

Well, bad news.....I believe your only choice is to explode the object down into a 3D solid and create the mvpart again.  Once you create a part via partconvert you cannot modify it.  While on the surface it sounds good to use part convert in reality you should always just create a catalog based part for this very reason.  The steps involved are almost identical and only takes a couple more minutes.

The good news for you is that you still have the 3D geometry so you will not need to recreate the geometry of the part.  Once you explode it down to a 3D solid it should only take a couple minutes to redefine the part. 

p.s.  make sure you dont' explode the part down to far into a surface.  MvParts should always be 3D solids and not surfaces.

Hope this helps.

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community