Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conduit elevations in wrong (weird) format, MEP 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ppako
915 Views, 3 Replies

Conduit elevations in wrong (weird) format, MEP 2013

About 1/4 of the conduits in my drawing show weird formatting on the conduit elevations. In Properties >> Design tab the elevations are the correct format, Ft-in.

However, when I use Bottom Of Conduit label, the result is the one you see in yellow - strange numbers.

In Properties >> Extended data the format is just the same as the one shown by the label, here is the image:

And this is a third image just to demonstrate something. On the left is the label, and on the right is the tooltip that appears as you hover over a conduit. Regardless of the label values, the tooltip shows elevation in correct format.

If you look at the numbers in the last image, it becomes clear that these on the left (label) are inches:

Tooltip BOC: 11'-0 3/4" = 132.75"

Label BOC: 131" + (3.5" / 2) = 131" + 1.75" = 132.75"

It doesn't help, just something to notice. Again, this happens to some of the conduits in this drawing, not to all of them. I have compared a "defective" conduit to normal one, can't find any difference - same system, same size, same routing preference. I have tried to modify the run and assign another system, preference, size, elevation - no change. The drawing has been purged and audited.

I hope someone has seen this before, I am at lost.

Thanks,

Pako

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ppako
in reply to: ppako

It turns out all of the conduits are affected, but it only happens when the elevation is below -99".

At elevation negative 100" the Extended data of the properties becomes like the one on the second image in the previous posting.

Message 3 of 4
Tom_Eitelbach
in reply to: ppako

Is the weird format in a label? Is the same label used on all conduits, or  did a different label get used for some? When you go to the style manager<documentation objects<label curve styles(your conduit curve style)<definition tab, what format is your lable set to display in the format column? Try changing the format and see what happens when you place a new label. I don't know where else to look after that.

Message 4 of 4
kbrown2011
in reply to: Tom_Eitelbach

I would try changing the units format.  It probably has something to do at -100 inches it places a comma before the number.  I am just guess but I have never used commas in my units before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost