Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conduit Rise-Drop Symbol Issue - MEP 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JoeVernice
838 Views, 3 Replies

Conduit Rise-Drop Symbol Issue - MEP 2014

From the attached PDF & DWG you can see that the conduit rise-drop symbol is displayed incorrectly for elbows rotated down when the display configuration is set to 1-Line (symbol is displayed rotated 90 degrees to the left). This behavior is not seen for elbows rotated up when the display configuration is set to 1-Line. This behavior is also not seen for elbows rotated either up or down when the display configuration is set to 2-Line.

This was confirmed as an issue with MEP 2012 and from what I can see still has not been corrected in MEP 2014.

JMV

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pothied
in reply to: JoeVernice

I have been able to reproduce this issue of drawing an elbow at a 45 degree angle down in the Z-direction creating the wrong rise/drop graphic. I just checked our development database and this change is still in the pending state. I'm sorry that it did not get addressed in this last release. I have added a note to the record to let development know that this is something that needs to be addressed. I will continue to follow up with them to see if we can get this fixed for an future update.

David Pothier

Message 3 of 4
JoeVernice

Dave,

Thank you for looking into this. It is unfortunate that this issue still has not been corrected.

Joe Vernice

Message 4 of 4
JoeVernice

I am sad to say that the conduit rise-drop symbol issue exists in AutoCAD MEP 2016! Again, this was a confirmed issue all the way back to release 2012 of AutoCAD MEP. I really hate the way this looks on my drawings. How long do we have to wait for a fix: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016...?

Joe Vernice

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost