Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification stuck in the dwg... can't find where it is referenced.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mdhutchinson
671 Views, 2 Replies

Classification stuck in the dwg... can't find where it is referenced.

I have a case where I have a Classification definition I want to do away with . There is not much in the drawing file... an MEP Pipe, Stuctural Member, a couple MvBlocks, and Property Sets. But no Schedule definitions.

I can't seem to purge out the Classification.

I did find a display set that had a reference to it.. but I cleared that... but still cannot purge it out.

Any idea what might be keeping a hold on it that would prevent me from purging it our?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mdhutchinson

I am going to assume that the classification does not have a little lock on the icon in the style manager.  If it does then your out of luck it cannot be purged.  But if it doesnt then there are a couple things that you could do.  If it is a template drawing then just start with a blank pure acad drawing and using the style manager and display manager copy over all styles and display sets.  Just make sure not to do a blanket copy of the classifications.  Instead copy them over one at a time.  If the classification to be purged copies over anyway then it is linked to an object in the template and you will need to dig deeper by checking all of your property sets and such.  Do you have any property sets that apply to classifications and if so are they attached to the classification.  In addition, do any of your property sets have a classification property definition inside of them?  I don't think it would hold up purging the classification but you never know.

Make sure you use the bldsyspurge command on your drawing and then the regular purge command and see if you can purge the classification then.  As a last resort you can try the export command and export the items in model space to a clean fresh drawing.  This will not copy over any styles not in use so if your classification is not attached to a viewable object it should be removed from the drawing.  You can then import any styles and display sets you might need in the new drawing.

Hopes this helps or gives you ideas to find the problem.

Message 3 of 3
mdhutchinson
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Just wanted to say thanks... I imported the half dozen items into my lattest template for 2013... the unwanted classification came in with it... but it did allow me to purge is out... it will replace one of our standard blocks in our system.

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost