What is the best AutoCAD software to design aquaculture facilities (fish farms) in?
1) I need to create 3-d models of Pipes and Tanks and show water flow.
2) I need to animate my 3-D models to show water flow
3) I need to pop in the dementions of the tanks and have the software automaticly draw that tank or pipe
4) I need to post images and animations on the web
5) I need to reduce the file siszes of the images and animations so I can email them and post them online
6) I need to create animations of pumps, water falls, streams and ponds
7) I need to create 3-d models of plans
8) I need to create animation of alge and show different densities of waste in the water.
9) I need to take a camera eye and move it through the systems pipes and tanks
10) I need to show flow rates of water ... can I just enter a number for the flow rate and see the resualt?
How much time will it take to learn the software before I can build and animate a fish farm?
Where should I learn this software?
Can I just use 3-D stuido Max to do all of this?
for me, the best way for you would be to invest in the "Autodesk design Suite" or "Autodesk plant 3D Suite".
Because you need to have a lot of specify tools and it's only with Autodesk Suite for less money.
Agree with Erwan , in the sense that you will not find the "Perfect Software" to do all what you want to. It is most probably be a combination of several specialized packages....
Autodesk Sweet approach is a clever proposal , I havent tried them But have tried Plant 3D in the past and am very dissapointed with it in particular. Not so with MEP.
In my search so far , I thing the best core combination for Pipe, Equipment, Ducts, Structural on basic level would be MEP + Inventor Professional. They talk to each other nicely, and Inventor is some Fabulous Tool.
For presentations and the like , I really do not know.
What you want is possible but its complicated. What you want based on your list is quite rough that no single software of autodesk is capable of.
As BIM MEP modeler I suggest you can go for Autocad MEP for the modeling of Mechanical system such as water tanks, piping, pumps etc. including steel structures. You can hire someone who knows how to operate the software so that you dont have to do ti your self.
In regards to water flow animation I think you will be needing 3DS Max to do it because you need to show some water falls, ponds etc. What you need is an Animator.
Mechanical models that you created from Autocad MEP can be imported to 3DS Max and include them in the rendering and animation but you really need someone who can perform a real time animation.
Hope this helps
Mechanical CAD Specialist
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.
|AutoCAD MEP General|