Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Sync

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tony_csogroup
513 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Sync

After the update that fixes the issues with Autodesk Sync, it seems to now be working correctly...

... but I'm having a problem using it with MEP.

I use two profiles. The standard AutoCAD profile (with no MEP content) and the AutoCAD MEP (UK) profile.

Here’s the problem... when I use the MEP (UK) profile, it syncs my setting accordingly. But when I use the standard AutoCAD profile, it starts to upload all the MEP profile changes and I get all the incorrect ribbons icons back. This also seems to happen the other way round. So if I have two copies of AutoCAD open (using both profiles) it seems to sync all day!

My conclusion is that syncing settings is NOT profile specific, but a global thing. Which can’t be right… can it?

Any thoughts?

Anthony Russell
LinkedIn
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I wonder if it's a "per application" thing? While both ACA & AMEP have "AutoCAD profile" it's not quite the same as plain autocad & have to wonder if Sync Settings hasn't allowed for this?

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn
Message 3 of 3
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: robincapperw

Autodesk is aware of this issue and we are working towards a long term resolution. Thank you for your patience in the meantime, and we do apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you.

Shawn Niles

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost