AutoCAD MEP General

Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (301 Views)

Autodesk Sync

301 Views, 2 Replies
06-07-2012 05:36 AM

After the update that fixes the issues with Autodesk Sync, it seems to now be working correctly...

... but I'm having a problem using it with MEP.

I use two profiles. The standard AutoCAD profile (with no MEP content) and the AutoCAD MEP (UK) profile.

Here’s the problem... when I use the MEP (UK) profile, it syncs my setting accordingly. But when I use the standard AutoCAD profile, it starts to upload all the MEP profile changes and I get all the incorrect ribbons icons back. This also seems to happen the other way round. So if I have two copies of AutoCAD open (using both profiles) it seems to sync all day!

My conclusion is that syncing settings is NOT profile specific, but a global thing. Which can’t be right… can it?

Any thoughts?

Distinguished Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (290 Views)

Re: Autodesk Sync

06-07-2012 05:56 PM in reply to: tony_72000

I wonder if it's a "per application" thing? While both ACA & AMEP have "AutoCAD profile" it's not quite the same as plain autocad & have to wonder if Sync Settings hasn't allowed for this?

Product Support
Message 3 of 3 (240 Views)

Re: Autodesk Sync

06-22-2012 08:48 AM in reply to: robincapperw

Autodesk is aware of this issue and we are working towards a long term resolution. Thank you for your patience in the meantime, and we do apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you.

Shawn Niles

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community