Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad MEP 2013 - Available duct sizes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Mike_Pluta
1434 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad MEP 2013 - Available duct sizes

Somewhere along the way I've lost my standard duct sizes when I go to add ducts.  Now all I get is fractional duct sizes available 2-61/64, 3-15/16, 4-59/64.......   When I try to add a 10"dia duct it give me the "this part is not available in the size needed.  Would you like to create a custom size of this part?" message everytime I try to add a standard duct size.  Has anyone run across this issue and found a fix for ti.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Mike_Pluta

sounds like a units problem to me.  Do you have the metric catalogs loaded, in the metric profile, or have your units set incorrectly?

Message 3 of 4
Mike_Pluta
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I think that is exactly my problem but I can't figure out how to load the imperial catalog

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Mike_Pluta

Loading a catalog is a fairly simple matter.  Just open up the options dialog and scroll to the MEP Catalogs tab. Expand the Duct section and then select the add button and then the browse button and navigate to where you store your imperial catalogs.  The default location for Autocad MEP is

C:\Program Data\Autodesk\MEP 2013\enu\MEP Content\USI\Duct\Duct (US Imperial).apc

Before loading the catalog i would check to make sure that you have not loaded the metric profile and switched your units to imperial.  To check which profile is loaded just go into your options again and this time select the profiles tab.  The current profile should be highlighted.  You can also change to the imperial profile by selecting it and then selecting the set current button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost