Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

AutoCad MEP 2013 open and save is slow

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
dziningme
2171 Views, 11 Replies

AutoCad MEP 2013 open and save is slow

I have recently installed AutoCad2013 and I am disappointed in how slow the open and save is.  Is there anyway I can increase the speed?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jschultz
in reply to: dziningme

Are you using the electrical portion?

not having your panelboards or luminare schedules in the drawing with the ccts helps.

but it is still slow

Message 3 of 12
Shawn_SunsetAir

Do you have it to automatically save down to 2010-2012 version?  I was doing that and the save times were terrible.  I changed it back to default to 2013 and it's back up to speed again.  šŸ™‚

Message 4 of 12
perhart

I am having the same issue with the insanely slow save time.  I tried setting the default save format as 2013.DWG, and that just seemed to make it a hundred times worse.  I have been sitting at 3% saved for about 20 minutes now.  Any other ideas or solutions that won't completely lock up my AutoCADD?

Message 5 of 12
Ixath

Check the following link and see if it helps your saving times.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/CACHEMAXFILES-1-makes-DELETE-and-SAVE...

Good luck!

Message 6 of 12
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Ixath

This is just a guess but are you syncing to the 360 cloud when you open and save?  I am not sure if this will cause it or not.

Message 7 of 12
perhart

I have tried everything mentioned, and nothing helped at all.

Message 8 of 12
perhart
in reply to: perhart

I am not using the cloud, and i have to clean up my cache files every so often anyways, or CADD will error on startup every month or so.  Not sure why all the sudden my save time went from 2 seconds to 10 minutes.  By the time it is finished saving, i have another autosave coming up.

Message 9 of 12
perhart

I have not been able to find a fix to the problem.  Aparently Autodesk just doesn't know-OR DOESN'T CARE. This is costing me hours of work time every day.  DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY CLUE WHY IT TAKES 20 MINUTES TO SAVE ANYTHING? I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE HAVING THIS ISSUE IN OUR OFFICE.  WE ARE NOT USING ELECTRICAL ELEMENTS, AND NONE OF THE OTHER SUGGESTIONS WILL HELP EITHER! ANYONE? HELP!

Message 10 of 12
Shawn_SunsetAir

@perhart wrote:

I have not been able to find a fix to the problem.  Aparently Autodesk just doesn't know-OR DOESN'T CARE. This is costing me hours of work time every day.  DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY CLUE WHY IT TAKES 20 MINUTES TO SAVE ANYTHING? I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE HAVING THIS ISSUE IN OUR OFFICE.  WE ARE NOT USING ELECTRICAL ELEMENTS, AND NONE OF THE OTHER SUGGESTIONS WILL HELP EITHER! ANYONE? HELP!

I have no idea if you have a setting off somewhere, or your computer has an issue.  I don't know.  Maybe if you're saving to a server, it's having issues.   I do know that If I was having to deal with 20 minute saves, I think I'd have to try a full rebuild.  I'd back up my computer and then wipe it and install a clean OS version.  I'd then reinstall Autocad 2013 and see if that helps.

Also... Autodesk is rolling out the 2014 verions of their products over the next week or so.  So maybe wait until the new 2014 versions come out and then uninstall 2013 completely, and install 2014.  

Message 11 of 12
perhart

waiting for 2014 release will be just swapping one set of problems for the next.  I am not betting on that release to be any better. I will try a complete reinstall and repair, but it did not help my co-workers save time at all.  Shouldn't be our network because some are having this problem and some are not, while everyone is saving to the same network drive. 

Message 12 of 12
Shawn_SunsetAir

@perhart wrote:

waiting for 2014 release will be just swapping one set of problems for the next.  I am not betting on that release to be any better. I will try a complete reinstall and repair, but it did not help my co-workers save time at all.  Shouldn't be our network because some are having this problem and some are not, while everyone is saving to the same network drive. 

Hopefully a rebuild and fresh install will help.  Don't migrate any settings over.... One of those could be the problem.

As for 2014.... If 2013 is killing you.... 2014 may be the fix.  Your call.  I'd definitely try it if you do a rebuild and nothing is fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost