Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP Schematic Symbol Annotative Scaling

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
petestrycharske
909 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD MEP Schematic Symbol Annotative Scaling

All,

I am new to MEP and am having trouble getting the schmatic symbols to scale annotatively.  In standard AutoCAD, I am familiar with setting the scales and having the objects alter in size to match the scale of my viewports.  However, when I change the viewport scale in MEP, the schematic symbol just shrinks and grows according to the scale.  I read somewhere that these symbols are automatically set to be annotative, but am not finding that to be the case.  Can someone point me in the right direction as to how to set these to operate the same way that I am used to in standard AutoCAD?  Thanks in advance for your assistance and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I know I'm replying to a thread that's 9 years old, but I can't figure this out either.

Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: prousseauCQJ6U

@prousseauCQJ6U What exactly is your issue? The post you are replying to was unclear and why it remained unanswered.

Do you not understand annotative object types, or something else?
Message 4 of 5
prousseauCQJ6U
in reply to: pendean

@pendean MEP Schematic symbols simply do not scale like you think they would. For instance, changing the scale of the viewport does not affect the scale of the symbol (going from 1:4 to 1:2 therefore doubles the apparent size of the symbol). This behavior is inconsistent with that of annotative blocks.

Schematic Symbols problem.png

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: prousseauCQJ6U

I recommend you start your own post, your own title, and your detailed question/query/explanation in it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost