Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP 2014 freezes when selecting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
726 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD MEP 2014 freezes when selecting

My autocad is freezing whenever I try to select an item in a drawing. It works without hesitation once in the command, but the initial selection of anything...a line, a block etc causes this 30 sec (or longer) delay. Also I cannot copy and paste from one drawing to another.

Mainly this occurs if there are AEC devices in the drawings. But I need to be able to work in these type of drawings on a daily basis and the hesitation is killing me!

I am running Autocad MEP 2014 on a HP EliteBook 8770w

Windows 7, 64 bit

16GB RAM

Any help would be appreciated,

Judy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rene.sommer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Judy,

Here are a few suggestions you can try regarding your selection issue:

1. Check if your graphic card is supported and if the tested driver is installed. You can find the list on the following link: http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard
If you cannot find your graphic card in the list, then install the latest drivers from the video card manufacturer.

2. Try if it makes a difference if hardware acceleration is enabled or disabled.

3. If you have an active virus scan application, such as Bitdefender, running on your workstation, disabling or removing the virus scan application may help.

4. Disable the Selection Cylcling by typing SELECTIONCYCLING in the command line and set the value to 0.

5. If present, disable the Digital Persona (or other fingerprint authentication software) service.

6. Check your drawing for errors by typing AUDIT at the command line.

7· Update the mouse driver.

8. Run the program in diagnostic mode. The following link will provide instructions: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1054234

Regards,

Rene Sommer
Message 3 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: rene.sommer

I had a similar issue with my Elitebook and it was caused by the fingerprint scanner.  Once i disabled the scanner and its software the problem went away.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the reply...I've tried that but no luck.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rene.sommer

Thank you Rene, I have tried everything but running it in diagnostic mode. I will try it. I also ran the DGNPURGE and it seemed to work but once I closed and saved the file it does it again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost