AutoCAD MEP General

Valued Contributor
kwizats_hadérack
Message 11 of 13 (267 Views)

Re: AutoCAD MEP 2013 is now available!!!

04-04-2013 03:19 PM in reply to: mdhutchinson

Hello,
I work with Autocad MEP 2013 for 1 year and I am very pleased with the software.
There are certainly some bug but nothing insurmountable and worrying.

Attached, you will see an example of my work.

I am very exciting to see the new version and the new tools.
Best regards.

A French Autodesk Cad Manager

Cordialement

Allan
Message 12 of 13 (252 Views)

04-05-2013 06:31 AM in reply to: kwizats_hadérack

Allan, glad to hear you are happy with the program, I wish I could say the same.  I could not list all of the bugs we have run into with this version, there are so many.  At first I thought something had gone wrong with the installation, however when others here started running into the same problems I came to the conclusion that it is most likely the software.  

An example of one of the bugs that you can test is if you draw ducts or pipes in model space, both as existing ducts/pipes and new, then switch over to paperspace so you are viewing the ducts/pipes through a viewport.  Right click on the paperspace layout tab, select "page set up manager", select "modify" which should open the plot page set-up dialogue box.  turn on the check box for "display plot styles" select ok at the bottom, then select close at the previous "page set up manager" dialogue box, so you are back at the paperspace layout.  You should now be seeing everything in llack and white, this should make paperspace match what the plot will look like, however, ducts and pipes do not show new and existing correctly.  To prove this, if you then draw new and existing system ducts/pipes through paperspace viewport and you will see that these show correctly to the plot settings.  So basically to sum it up; the ducts and pipes drawn in model space will not update their appearance to the plot style table settings correctly in paperspace and even if you try to regen it will still not show correctly.  

I have run into many bugs like this, i.e. pan getting stuck on and won't turn off, crosshairs disapearing randomly on the screen when no commands are active, etc...

Our company has moved back to MEP 2011, untill Autodesk comes out with a patch to solve the issues.

Thanks,

Dan

Message 13 of 13 (185 Views)

04-27-2013 06:45 PM in reply to: dsmith

Dear user,

Thank you very much for your feedbacks. We're trying our best to improve our product all the time.

For the issue of the example, here i would like to give you work around solution to avoid it:

please set the sysvar: SetEnableProgressiveUpdate to No, then the objects in paperspace will show correctly while you turn on "display plot style" on page setup manager dialog.

Thanks

Tony

AutoCAD MEP Test Developer

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community