Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP 2013 install messes up 2010

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
genem
560 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD MEP 2013 install messes up 2010

We have been using AutoCAD MEP 2010 for a couple years now. Today I installed 2013 MEP on my machine. 2013 opens up just

fine.

When I go back to 2010, I get the attached 2 error messages when I exit AutoCAD.

I am hesitant to do a repair, because we have 2010 tweaked just right.

Anyone with any suggestions?

genem@... (NNTP handle: genemarz)
You may recognize me from the
hundreds of previous newsreader posts
I've made over the last 10 years
as genemarz

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi genem,

I am not sure why 2013 installation would affect your 2010. The problem can be User Profile related. I suggest that you Create a New User account with Admin privileges and launch 2010.  After a successful lauch, log back in as the other User and try again.

Hope this helps.

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉
Message 3 of 5
genem
in reply to: genem

I went ahead and did a repair on 2010, and it is fine.

I have not been back to 2013 since, so I am not sure if the problem will come up again or not.

genem@... (NNTP handle: genemarz)
You may recognize me from the
hundreds of previous newsreader posts
I've made over the last 10 years
as genemarz

Message 4 of 5

That's great Repair did the trick.

When you lauch 2013, I am hoping it keeps away from your 2010. If you get an error, you can try my above suggestion.

I really want to know what happens, so please let me know.

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉
Message 5 of 5

We are having the same issue in our office as well. We recently updated from MEP 2012 to 2013 and get two error messages when exiting 2012. (See attached image) Our machines are all running Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost