Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP 2010

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
milnej1
820 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD MEP 2010

I am currently in training for using AutoCAD MEP 2010 and am using the textbook Mastering AutoCAD MEP 2010 by Paul Aubin to get a more proficient understanding.

During one of the exercises in the text we are asked to select a Diffuser tool called a 24x24 Inch Square Plaque Face Ceiling Diffuser. Unfortunatey, this is not available in the toolsets my AutoCAD program currently has.

It appears that there should be more default parts rather than just five, and I would prefer not to just design a bunch of custom parts when I am just learning. How do you import tools into AutoCAD MEP 2010?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: milnej1

That particular part is available in the imperial out of the box catalog.  It is not really a tool but a mvpart inside of a catalog of mvparts.  If you type mvpartadd at the command line it should bring up an interface to select and insert parts.  Then expand All installed MvParts (US Imperial) -> Mechanical -> Air Terminals -> Diffusers.  Inside of the Diffusers folder you will find the part that you are looking for.

You ask how do you import a tool into autocad mep.  Do you really mean a tool or do you mean how do you import MvParts into Autocad MEP?

Message 3 of 3
milnej1
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thanks for the reply, I was able to troubleshoot it yesterday and figured it out.

As for the other aspect of the question. Yes, is there a way to import manufacturer designed mvParts with part specific data, or do you generally just have to enter part characteristics on your own?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost