AutoCAD MEP General

Valued Mentor
dennis
Message 1 of 5 (554 Views)

AutoCAD ARCH AND MEP - Cube stops working

554 Views, 4 Replies
04-09-2013 05:59 AM

Odd one here.  Periodically, my view cube stops functioning.  It will still highlight the corners, sides, etc, but when I pick, nothing happens.  All I have found that fixes it is to close and reopen.  Anyone run into this and have a fix?

Product Support
Message 2 of 5 (533 Views)

Re: AutoCAD ARCH AND MEP - Cube stops working

04-10-2013 07:06 AM in reply to: dennis

Hi Dennis,

I assume you have already installed SP1 for MEP (2013 ?) at this stage, but if not try and applying it so see if it improves the situation.

Other viewcube issues can be generated by the display system. At first try turning OFF Hardware accelleration to see if it makes any difference. If you find it does make a difference you may want to troubleshoot each individual HW acceleration component to check which could be causing trouble:

3DCONFIG > Manual Tune > In the "Current Effect Status" list toggle OFF one by one each element until you find the culprit.

You may also want to check if there is a more recent version of your graphics adaptor driver which may work better with AutoCAD and Hardware acceleration ON.

Instead of Restarting AutoCAD every time you have the issue you can also try toggling OFF and then back ON the ViewCube to reset it (NAVVCUBE > ON / OFF).

Hope this helps.

Klaus Schumann
Valued Contributor
kwizats_hadérack
Message 3 of 5 (518 Views)

Re : AutoCAD ARCH AND MEP - Cube stops working

04-11-2013 09:10 AM in reply to: dennis

Hi Dennis,

i have the same problem on AutoCAD MEP 2013 from the building design suite.

For me, it's a graphic problem and the only way is to upgrade the driver of your graphic card and manage the 3D config.

The problem for me is that Autodesk don't upgrade the certified graphic cards drivers, as a exemple, mine is a 2011 certified graphic card driver for NVIDIA QUADRO 5010M and at this moment, i have no solution to resolve my problem.

Maybe a day...........................i hope.

A French Autocad MEP CAD MANAGER

Best regards.

Cordialement

Allan
Product Support
Message 4 of 5 (500 Views)

04-15-2013 09:37 AM in reply to: kwizats_hadérack

Hi Dennis,

Did you manage to solve the issue with the viewcube?

Klaus Schumann
Valued Mentor
dennis
Message 5 of 5 (332 Views)

09-10-2013 08:07 AM in reply to: klaus.schumann

I never managed to fix the issue.  However, I have moved on to 2014 and the problem hasn't occured.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community