Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authoring Palette: Unable to execute the tool.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
christopherdunderdale
2183 Views, 4 Replies

Authoring Palette: Unable to execute the tool.

So I've recently been having this issue with MEP 2013. After I unistalled MEP 2012 from my computer, I notice I could no longer edit or create dynamic blocks(see error message below). I tried a reinstall, as well as a repair, and neither worked. I figured it wasn't that big of a deal tho because MEP 2014 was about to come out. After I installed MEP 2014, im getting the same issue.

Untitled.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

do you try to copy/paste the block alone in a new drawing based on the acad.dwt ?

Bien cordialement / Best regards

----------------------------------------------------

Erwan ( FRENCH AUTOCAD M.E.P CAD/BIM MANAGER )
Message 3 of 5

Is this the only command or tool that is not working for you? How are you accessing this command? Is this happening when you try to edit any dynamic block or just certain blocks? If you type BEDIT at the command line, does the Edit Block Definition dialog display?

David Pothier

Message 4 of 5

This is the only command or tool that I've noticed isn't working. I am accessing the tools via the "Block Authoring Pallette" in the block editor, therefore the BEDIT command works. It happenes with every block, new blocks I created just to test this, as well as older blocks that already have these tools built into them. The existing dynamic blocks I had already made still work the way they are supposed to in the model space.

Message 5 of 5

I resolved this issue.

1.   run "regedit.exe"

2.   browse to the file path below:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D006:409\profiles\"PROFILE NAME"\general

3.   double click "RegisteredToolsPath"

4.   change the file location to the following:

...\"USERNAME"\appdata\roaming\autodesk\mep 2014\enu\support\registeredtools

5.   Restart AutoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost