Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associating Conduit Size(Diameter) with Wire

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AndreiM-86
962 Views, 2 Replies

Associating Conduit Size(Diameter) with Wire

Is there a way to also assiciate a conduit size with the "smart" wires created within Autocad MEP 2012?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: AndreiM-86

Sure... add a property to a property set that applies to wires... see linked video:http://screencast.com/t/wIbes44s69F

Of course, you can then format units (i.e., inches), create/modify an appropriate tag, etc...

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
sbrennan85
in reply to: Martin__Schmid

Martin,

I realize this post is 1.5 years old, but I did a search for Conduit Wire and this was one of the results.  While creating that tag is all fine and dandy, it's work that should be part of the base MEP installation. Wire goes inside of the conduit. There are fill capacities for conduit that are based on the cross-sectional area of a wire.

I work for an electrical contractor, and we like to show conduit WITH wire. This is really hard to do with AutoCAD MEP since the two systems are separate. We have to keep drawing lines and inserting blocks for junction boxes and wire ticks because ACAD MEPs Wire & Conduit just doesn't cut it for us.  It's really frusturating.

And please don't link me to suggest the feature, as I have already done that this morning.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost