Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of a sudden Cannot Change Duct Size

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
glenski_31
1708 Views, 5 Replies

All of a sudden Cannot Change Duct Size

Please HELP!

I have a drawing which has been submitted for 50% review and has come back with some changes to be made. I was making changes to duct sizes etc last night when I left work, and everything was going fine. For some reason when I came in the morning when I click on a duct and go to properties it will not allow me to change the size of the duct. When I click on the pulldown menu within the properties box (or click the pulldown menu for size in the duct modify box) it gives me no options other than the size that the duct already is.

Also when I go to draw a new duct run it will now draw them in nominal metric sizes 150, 250, 500 etc. but the ducts that I have drawn up until now are not nominal sizes they are actual sizes such as 203.2, 254 etc. I am assuming that for some reason MEP decided to change from actual sizing to nominal sizing and as a result will now no longer allow me to change the actual duct sizes which the whole drawing is drawn in.

Please HELP this is driving me crazy, and also making me very unproductive.

Thanks,
Glenski
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
twlittle1
in reply to: glenski_31

Did you ever figure this out?

Message 3 of 6
Keith.Brown
in reply to: twlittle1

This was a very old post but it sounds like the original poster was working in a metric drawing and metric profile then accidently started using the imperial profile.  This can happen by clicking on the wrong desktop shortcut.  Changing the profile will cause the wrong catalogs to be loaded which in turn will cause the problem described by the original poster.

To fix the issue change to a metric profile or make sure to start the program using the correct desktop shortcut.

Message 4 of 6
twlittle1
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I don't think that is the issue or I am missing something. We are running AutoCad-MEP-English-2013. I do not have a metric, or other option that I can find.

Thanks,

[ORA LOGO]
Tim Little, PE, LEED AP
301 Industrial Blvd. - Tullahoma TN 37388
Office Phone: 931.454.9940 - Mobile: 931.703.0801
www.oliver-rhoads.com
Message 5 of 6
Keith.Brown
in reply to: twlittle1

The behavior that you descibe is 100% identical to the behavior when a part is selected that does not have a catalog associated with it.  I.E. having a metric catalog loaded while working with imperial parts.  The most common scenario for this happening is selecting the wrong shortcut for starting MEP.  By default MEP will install the Imperial, Metric, and Global versions of the program and place shortcuts for each on your desktop.  Most of the time people accidently click on one shortcut when they intended to click on another.  The obvious solution would be to remove the metric and global shortcuts from your desktop if they exist.

The next step to check if the above did not help would be to just verify that you have the correct catalogs loaded.  This can be done by typeing DuctFittingAdd and verify the name of the catalog that shows at the top level of the folder heirarchy.  Additionally you can go into the options dialog and select the MEP Catalogs tab and check which catalogs are loaded.  Additionaly I would check the Profiles tab and make sure that the imperial profile is the current profile or if you operate under a custom profile that it is setup correctly.  Profiles do determine which catalogs get loaded when the program starts up.

Please let us know how you make out solving this issue.

Message 6 of 6
GodfreysHVAC
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I have been experiencing the same issue.  Changing the profile and setting imperial as current did the job.  Thank 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost