Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Terminal Acknowledgement of Duct

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RocksterB
474 Views, 3 Replies

Air Terminal Acknowledgement of Duct

I'd like to create an air terminal tag that includes property set data about the connected system duct. Once connected, does the air terminal know what it is connected to and can this data be used?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: RocksterB

An air terminal is aware of what system it is attached to.  If you create a property set and assign it to mvparts you can then create the automatic property defintion System and attach it to the mvpart.  It will pick up on the system of the duct that it is attached to.  In my testing however, it sets the name of the system when it is attached to the system.  If you later change the system, the mvpart does not seem to update.  As far as reading other information, if you use the duct system size calculator, it will populate engineering data on the air terminal, but this is only if you autosize the ductwork.  You are able to manually set the cfm on the air terminal and it is readable by a property defintion.

Message 3 of 4
RocksterB
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Can you provide me with file you used to work this out. I need to see how to apply this to my file.

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: RocksterB

I didnt save the file, but it is EXTREMELY simple to reproduce.

Step 1.  Place a round neck diffuser in your drawing.

Step 2.  Place a piece of round duct in your drawing and connect it to the diffuser

Step 3.  Create a property set that applies to multi-view parts

Step 4. Create an Automatic property defintion in the property set created in step 3 that is equal to System

Step 5. Attach the property set to the diffuser.

Step 6.  Look at the info in the property set.

They system in the property set will show as the system on the ductwork.  Now change the system on the ductwork and they property set on the air terminal will not update.  At least it didnt on my setup.

The engineering portion is easy.  Just draw a single line undefined system and then use the system calculation to size your ductwork.  Now look at the engineering property set on the mvpart.

Those are the steps I took to reproduce my results.  P.S.  Don't forget to set the cfm value on the diffuser when you place it.

What values from the system are you looking to tag on your diffusers anyway?  Most mechanical drawings show the diffuser size, cfm, and type.  All of which live on the diffuser.  Are there other values that you need?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost