Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Flex duct and getting an error message

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
NateKennis3933
379 Views, 2 Replies

Adding Flex duct and getting an error message

I am routing my ductwork in single line and then use the duct calculator.  when i go to attach the diffuser to the single line duct layout using flex duct i get this message "The current catalog contains no parts which could be automatically inserted in this situation."  i can still add flex duct but it will not connect to the single duct.  i have attached a drawing to test and see if it works on other machines and then i can atleast norrow done the problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pothied
in reply to: NateKennis3933

I'm having a little trouble understanding what you are trying to do. Can you provide more detailed steps on what you are doing? Where are you staring the flex duct from and how are you starting it? How and when are you using the duct calculator?

Maybe you just have a work flow issue.

David Pothier

Message 3 of 3
NateKennis3933
in reply to: pothied

i am designing the duct layout using single line duct.  so i can go back after the design to use the duct size calculator.  after i layout my single line duct and diffuser location, i then click on the end of my duct run and ctrl to start flex duct as soon as i click on the duct i get the error message.  if i start at the diffuser i dont get the error message but it wont connect to the single line duct.  so i have figured that as long as i have defined size for the flex it will work (because the diffusers neck size is defined), but going to undefined flex duct will not work.  i used to be able to do it no problems 2013 but i have upgraded to 2014 and now having issues with flex duct.  i have to make a connection so the duct size calculator works, so my temp fix is to make hard connections to all my diffuser to get the size and then go back and change the diffuser neck size to the correct size and connect the flex to flex manually and i have to use spline for it to be a connected system.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost