Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add ducts doesn't change duct size from previous size created

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jbiewer
899 Views, 2 Replies

Add ducts doesn't change duct size from previous size created

Currently using MEP 2014 and when I draw rectangle ductwork say 20 x 16 duct and go to start another run it defaults back to 24x24 duct.  Round and oval start as the last size created, rectangle duct will continual revert back to 24x24 duct.  

Is there something I am missing as to why it keeps changing back to 24x24? 

rectangle duct size problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pothied
in reply to: jbiewer

How are you staring the duct command? Are you picking it from a tool palette, ribbon, typing it in, etc?

If you are picking it from a tool on a tool palette, make sure that the properties of the tool are not presetting the width and height of the duct. If they are, then that will always be the default. To check, right click on the tool in the palette and select properties from the right click menu. Make sure that the properites for width and height are blank. 

If this wasn't your issue, please provide more information about how you are starting the duct command.

David Pothier

Message 3 of 3
jbiewer
in reply to: jbiewer

David, 

Doesn't matter if I start drawing a piece of duct from the pallet or for the build tab in the ribbon rectangle duct always starts out 24x24.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost