Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD MEP 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mjmpe
531 Views, 1 Reply

AUTOCAD MEP 2013

I AM DRWG. WITH AUTOCAD MEP 2013. I AM NEW TO THIS PROGRAM, I AM DRWG WELDED PIPE AND WANT TO CUT IT UP FOR FAB PIECES, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS PROGRAM ALLOWS FOR THE 1/8 WELD GAPS?

THANK YOU

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mjmpe

Autocad MEP is not really setup to be a fabrication program.  That is not saying that it cannot be with a little setup.  First off you will need to check the dimensions of all of the fittings.  Some of them are incorrect or do not match a manufacturers specifications.  There are no manufacture specific fittings in autocad mep so you will probably want to create your own to validate the dimensions of your fittings.  This way you can also add any additional data to the fitting that a schedule can read.  Each fitting has what is called a connection enagement length or CEL.  This is the value that a pipe will insert into a fitting.  You can add a negative value to this so that the pipe will attach outside the fitting instead of inside of it.  Since each fitting and pipe will have this connection enagement length you will need to set it to 1/16" so that two of them together will equal 1/8".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost