Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD MEP 2013 CAN SEE SPLASH BUT PROGRAM DOESNT OPEN

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sgreen866
461 Views, 2 Replies

AUTOCAD MEP 2013 CAN SEE SPLASH BUT PROGRAM DOESNT OPEN

Hello,

I've been wrestling with this issue for a few days now. A client's machine just had AutoCAD MEP 2013 installed. He was previously using the trial version of MEP 2014, but the company decided MEP 2013 was more financially realistic when it came time to purchase. The software was installed, but when attempting to open MEP 2013, the splash screen would load, but then disappear without creating an error or warning. Nothing shows up in Event Viewer, and no logs were created minus a RTBERReport in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm.

ber:ErrorInfoType>
<ber:ServerURL>https://registeronce.autodesk.com/prodreg/regtoday/beginRegToday.action</ber:ServerURL>
<ber:ErrorCode>-2146697211</ber:ErrorCode>
<ber:ErrorMessage>Navigation Error</ber:ErrorMessage>
</ber:ErrorInfoType>

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, updated drivers, and have been banging my head for well over 36 hours of frustration. The only other useful information I can provide is that when I open the program and the splash begins to load, acad.exe begins in the task manager, but then it disappears and so does the splash screen. I've tried to rename the "adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data to ..._tsf.data.bak, in C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet, but that didn't seem to do anything. Everyone else seems to get a message or an error, but I'm absolutely lost. Any help?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: sgreen866

If you've not tried it, the best way to reinstall AutoCAD is to completely remove all Autodesk products from the PC, edit the Windows Registry to remove all Autodesk references, use a Windows Registry Cleaner to address any orhpaned references, restarting Windows then reinstalling the Autodesk products the user requires.

Message 3 of 3
pothied
in reply to: pendean

Here is a link to the technical solution for doing a clean uninstall and reinstall:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252

David Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost