AutoCAD MEP General

mgilmour
Message 1 of 3 (310 Views)

AEC Part definition modification

310 Views, 2 Replies
10-24-2007 07:52 AM
I'm working in AutoCAD Building Systems 2007. They recommend that you modify existing parts to create new catalogs. I need to modify the cable tray fittings beyond what is allowed through the catalog or parametric fitting editors and I noticed that they are AEC part definitions which are a single block rather than separate pieces. I want to know if there is a way to edit the block or add to it.

Thank you.
Contributor
AvatMEP1
Message 2 of 3 (310 Views)

Re: AEC Part definition modification

05-13-2008 08:35 AM in reply to: mgilmour
bump
Contributor
bparrell
Message 3 of 3 (106 Views)

Re: AEC Part definition modification

01-23-2014 10:47 AM in reply to: AvatMEP1

I take it that this was never answered? If someone did through the back alleys please contact me.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community