Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD MEP blocks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
CAdb24
356 Views, 3 Replies

ACAD MEP blocks

I would like to modify the layers that the blocks come in on but cant find where to manipulate that. Even if I translate the layers, when drawing a new duct, it come in on the out of box layer.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
VitalyF
in reply to: CAdb24

Hi,

You ask about Autocad blocks?

Create blocks in the layer 0, then they can be inserted into any layer

If you need to change the layer mvblock or mvparts or device, then edit the Properties definition in the palette

Vitaly

Message 3 of 4
CAdb24
in reply to: VitalyF

I think I worded the true question incorrectly.

When using the duct command or anything from the tool palette, when drawn they appear on the pre-set acad layers. Example: duct comes in on M-Duct-std. Instead of drawing the duct then changing the layers, I would like for the duct to come in on our companys layers.

Message 4 of 4
pothied
in reply to: CAdb24

Layers in AutoCAD MEP are a little complicated. When you draw something like a duct, the layer is determined by the system definition being used and the layer key assigned to that system. For example, if you are drawing a duct on the Supply  - Medium Pressure system, the layer will default to M-Duct-Sply-Medm. If you use the Style Manager and open up the Duct System Definitions and select the system that you are using, you will see a layer key in the Design Rules tab. For this system, the layer key is M-SY-DUCT-SUPPLY_MEDIUM_PRESSURE.

DuctSystemDefs.png

Next you need to look at the layer key styles which are also in the Style Manager. Find the layer key above and you can see the layer and color that it will be placed on.

DuctLayerKey.png

David Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost